COMMUNITY OF UNION ORGANIZATIONS OF TEACHERS AND EDUCATION WORKERS IN PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE COUNTRIES
(Constitution, Name, Objectives, Headquarters and Delegations)
(Constitution and Denomination)
Under the terms of the law and the present statutes, an international non-profit association is created, which adopts the name of Community of Teachers 'and Teachers' Organizations in Education in Portuguese-speaking Countries, hereinafter referred to as CPLP - Union of Education.
The objectives of CPLP - Union of Education are:
a) The strengthening of relations between the Union of Teachers and Education Workers in Portuguese-speaking countries;
b) Cooperation in the social, economic, cultural, legal and pedagogical fields, in particular with regard to teacher training;
c) The defense and promotion, through education, of the Portuguese language, common heritage of our peoples;
d) The defense and promotion of a public, secular, free, democratic and quality school, an essential factor for everyone to have access to education regardless of social conditions, religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ideological convictions;
e) The articulation of the intervention of the various organizations in the face of the educational reform processes underway in the respective countries;
f) The exchange of experiences in union formation;
g) Strengthening cooperation with the international trade union movement, particularly within the International Education
h) Assume yourself as an interlocutor before the constituted powers, especially the CPLP, claiming the right to information and consultation on all matters concerning Education and to teachers, educators and other education workers.
(Headquarters and Delegations)
1. CPLP - Sindical da Educação has its headquarters in Lisbon, provisionally at Rua Fialho de Almeida, nº 3, and can be transferred to any other place by decision of the Union Education Conference.
2. CPLP - Union of Education may create delegations or other local forms of representation in Portuguese-speaking countries or abroad.
(Acquisition of the Quality of Members)
1. Founding members are the Trade Union Organizations of Teachers and Workers in Education that sign the Lisbon Declaration, as well as all those that participated in the Union Education Conference that approved the first Statutes.
2. Other Union Organizations of Teachers and Workers in Education may also be members, at their request, and by a favorable decision of the Union Education Conference, by a two-thirds majority.
(Loss of membership)
1. A serious violation of the CPLP - Union of Education Statutes implies the loss of membership.
2. The reasoned decision rests with the Education Union Conference, deciding by a three-fourths majority.
(Rights of Members)
Members' rights include:
a) Take part in Conferences;
b) Elect and be elected to associative positions;
c) Participate in all activities of CPLP - Education Union
d) Have access to regular information on the activities of CPLP - Union of Education.
(Duties of Members)
The duties of members are:
a) Participate in the activities of CPLP - Education Union, engaging in the tasks and mandates that are assigned to it;
b) Watch over the image of CPLP - Education Union with public authorities, CPLP and society in general;
c) Exercise the social positions for which they have been elected;
d) Contribute financially to the Organization, under the terms decided by the Education Union Conference;
e) Participate actively and interested in the achievement of the Organization's objectives;
f) Respect and comply with the CPLP - Education Union's Statutes.
(Organization and Operation)
(Organization and Operation)
The organs of CPLP - Education Union:
a) The Union Education Conference
b) The Permanent Secretariat
c) The Fiscal Council
(Union Conference on Education)
1) The Union Education Conference, hereinafter referred to as Conference, is the highest body of CPLP - Union Education, competing for it:
a) Define and guide the general policy and strategies of CPLP - Union of Education;
b) Elect the Permanent Secretariat;
c) Review the Statutes, for which a two-thirds majority is required;
d) Admit new members;
e) Decide on the financial responsibilities of the members;
f) Approve, on a proposal from the Permanent Secretariat, the Business Plan and Budget;
g) Approve the Internal Regulations of CPLP - Education Union;
h) Decide on the extinction of CPLP - SE, for which a two-thirds majority of its member unions are required;
i) The Conference is made up of all organizations belonging to CPLP - SE, with each organization entitled to one (1) vote.
2) The Conference meets ordinarily every three years, when convened by the Permanent Secretariat, and extraordinarily when required by two thirds of its members.
3) The Conference can only operate in the presence of at least half of its members, belonging to at least four countries, deciding by an absolute majority of the members present, except when these Statutes provide otherwise.
4) The work of the Conference will be rotated by a representative of each of the member organizations, in increasing alphabetical order.
5) The Conference will take place, whenever possible, in rotation in the countries where its members are based.
1. The Permanent Secretariat consists of five elected members, one of whom is designated as the Coordinating Secretary.
2. The election is made in a complete list, with the indication of the Secretary-Coordinator, by majority of votes cast.
3. The Permanent Secretariat is responsible for executing the decisions of the Conference and ensuring the regular functioning of the CPLP - Education Union.
4. The Permanent Secretariat ordinarily meets twice a year.
5. The Coordinating Secretary is responsible for calling and directing the meetings of the Permanent Secretariat.
6. The Coordinating Secretary is responsible for the administrative functioning of CPLP - Union of Education, in compliance with the decisions of the Permanent Secretariat.
7. The responsibilities of the Permanent Secretariat are:
a) Direct CPLP - Sindical Educação;
b) Represent CPLP - Sindical Educação in court or out of court, being able to delegate this function in general terms;
c) Implement the decisions of the Conference;
d) Prepare and present to the Conference the Program of Activities, the Budget and the Report and Accounts;
e) Prepare and present the Rules of Procedure to the Conference;
f) Analyze applications for admission of new members and submit their approval to the Conference;
g) Decide to convene the Conference.
The Supervisory Board is the supervisory and control body of CPLP-SE
The Fiscal Council is composed of 3 members, who do not integrate any other organ of the organization, with the possibility of appointing an alternate member
The Fiscal Council will be chaired by one of its members, elected together with the body, in a meeting of the Conference
The Fiscal Council is responsible for
Monitor compliance with the Statutes and Regulations and compliance with the organization's internal democratic standards
Provide an opinion on the Business Plan and Budget, as well as on the Report and Accounts presented to each Conference
(Mandate and Decisions)
1. The term of Organs elected bodies lasts for three years.
2. The decisions of the Permanent Secretariat, in case of impossibility to hold a meeting, may be assumed by circulation and subscription of documents.
The CPLP - Education Union's revenues are:
a) The membership fees paid by members as determined by the Conference;
b) Subsidies, donations and participations attributed to it;
c) Income from goods;
d) Those from services provided.
(Entry into force of the Statutes)
The present Statutes, after the decision of the 3rd Education Union Conference, come into force immediately after that decision.